Given that everyone here understands the importance of eSports as a source of entertainment, I figured you might be interested in learning about Rekoil, a new eSports oriented FPS that's currently up on Greenlight.
The dev team is made up of a mixture of former modders and industry veterans. From the industry side, you've got people who've worked on various Unreal Tournament titles, Rainbow Six and The Ball. On the modding side of things you've got TrailerTrash, who's maps were included in Official DICE updates for Battlefield 2142. Next up is Zeroy, Co-Founder or MappersUnited.com and prominent CoD mapper. And last but by no means least, there's Spacepig, who's mod work with Openwarfare on CoD4 led to one of the most flexible modding infrastructures out there.
Rekoil's eSports features:
- Map and game design is perfect for 5 man teams.
- Comprehensive spectator functionality.
- Comprehensive demo recording functionality.
- Built in IRC chat.
- Dedicated servers.
- LAN support.
- Highly configurable server side settings.
- Full Mod support.
- BeyondGaming.com integration (hopes to work with ESL too).
Rekoil's Vital Statistics:
- 10 maps on launch
- Over 40 weapons
- 10 game types currently under development
- 5 customizable classes
- Highly customizable server setups and gameplay
- Dedicated servers & public server files
- A focus on providing the best execution of core shooter game play to date
- Full modification support and promotion from Plastic Piranha
- Full E-Sports support and promotion from Plastic Piranha
- Developed for PC
So, if you want to help out a passionate team and show your support for community, eSports and modding centric game development, please uprate Rekoil on its Greenlight page
Posted 8 months ago: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 17:25:07 +0100
|CPH Wolv||7||-||16||Anexis e|
|CPH Wolv||16||-||3||EYES ON|
|More results ...|